There aren’t that many situations in which a flashlight is needed but it can be quite inconvenient to need one and not have it around.
Pocket flashlights have become increasingly popular due to their compact size and the fact that they are small enough to be even attached to a key chain. As LED lights were introduced, power consumption was reduced drastically which meant smaller batteries would suffice.
Here are the top 10 best pocket flashlight in 2016.
10. Wayllshine 7 Watts 300 Lumens Pocket Flashlight
As expected quite light, the Wayllshine pocket flashlight is one of the most compact ones available. It uses a regular 14500 or AA battery that needs to be purchased separately.
Brand Name: WAYLLSHINE
Model of LED: Q5
Aluminum alloy casing
Aluminum alloy reflector
Output bright can come to 300 lumens
Switch: Tail-cap press ON/OFF Power by: 1 x AA or 1 x 14500 3.7v battery
Coating Color: Black
Special Features: Adjustable Focus
Size(mm):92mm X 25mm
9. Cliplight 140 Lumens Super Bright Clipstrip LED Flashlight
- 140 LUMENS – more than 2x BRIGHTER than any other pocket light. 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
- NEW & POWERFUL Strip Array LED technology.
- Perfect for camping, nightlight, auto/home repair, emergency roadside, power outages, & reading.
- Pivoting & magnetic clip, shockproof & water-resistant, 6Â¼ high & 2.5 oz.
- 3 AAA batteries included for 12 hours of brightness. PREMIUM packaging makes for the perfect gift.
8. OXYLED MD50 Cree 500 Lumen Bright LED Flashlight
- Uses Cree LED with a lifespan of over 50000 hours
- Use one 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or 3 AAA Batteries(please note that this version doesn’t include battery and charger)
- 5 Light Modes: 3 brightness levels, strobe and an SOS function, zoomable to use anywhere
- Durable Aluminum Alloy Material: aircraft grade alloy, premium type 3 hard-anodized
- Safe and Water Resistant: Highest water resistant level of IPX-6, works in heavy rain
7. ThruNite Ti series Mini Keychain Flashlight
Turn on /off
Easily twist the head to turn on / off the light. Tighten the head for on and loosen for off.
When the light is on, turn off the light and then turn on in 2 seconds to change output mode.
Keep the light off between 2 to 10 seconds and then turn on, the output mode will keep the same as your last use. Over 10 seconds and then turn on, the output will get back to firefly mode.
Cycle the “Change modes” for 6 times to activate hidden strobe mode(120Lm,13Hz).
6. Streamlight 88033 Protac Tactical Flashlight
- C4 LED Technology, Impervious To Shock With A 50,000 Hour Lifetime
- Multi-Function, Push-Button Tactical Tailswitch. One Handed Operation Of Momentary, Variable Intensity Or Strobe Mode
- Anti-Roll Facecap, Removable Pocket Clip
- Length: 5.97 In (15.16 Cm) Major Diameter: 0.90 In. (2.29 Cm) Barrel Diameter: 0.65 In. (165 Cm)
- IPX7 Rated Design; Waterproof To 1 Meter For 30 Minutes.
5. Streamlight 66318 MicroStream C4 LED Pen Flashlight
The MicroStream is a compact single AAA alkaline battery powered LED flashlight designed for use in all markets. It features a push button tail cap switch, momentary or constant on operation, a combination pocket/hat clip for convenience, and amazing brightness and run time for a light of its size and price. The aluminum housing with Type II Military Spec anodizing helps make the light extremely durable and abrasion resistant. Utilizing the latest C4 LED technology, this ultra compact and lightweight flashlight is optimized for output and run time.
4. ThorFire PF03 CREE XP-G2 LED Penlight
The ThorFire PF03 CREE XP-G2 LED pocket flashlight is an unexceptionable gadget. It is extremely small, probably the smallest in this list. It uses a regular AAA battery and it is made of a high durability plastic.
This model has a dual-function pocket clip and 3 light modes. Its LED lights are both energy efficient and extremely bright. Their estimated lifespan is 20 years.
3. UltraFire 7w 300lm Mini Cree Led Flashlight
- 7W 300LM Mini CREE LED Flashlight Torch Adjustable Focus Zoom Light Lamp ( Head of the flashlight can be pulled out to focus the beam)
- Super mini size, bright, blinding effect
- Skid-proof design & waterproof design.
- Output bright can come to 300 lumens (MAX). This mini flashlight can use AA size Alkaline, NiMH, and lithium 14500 batteries.
- Output bright 300 lumens (MAX);
- Power : 1 * AA/1 * 14500 3.6v Battery (no included)
- Skid-proof design & waterproof design LED bulbs, producing super bright light Perfect for hunting, cycling, climbing, camping and outdoor activity etc.
2. Coast G10 Inspection Pocket Light
Small enough to easily fit in your pocket, the G10 Flashlight with the Mini-Flood Optic is a great daily utility option. With a center hotspot and diffused edges, the light is great for all sorts of up close uses and has a key ring hole on the back for extra versatility. With Coast’s commitment to quality, the G10 Flashlight is impact resistant, weather resistant and its LED is virtually unbreakable. The G10 Flashlight is backed by Coast’s lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Tested and rated to ANSI/FL1 standards.
1. outlite 501B LED 900 Lumen Handheld Flashlight
1) Type of flashlight: tac light / handheld flashlight
2) Fixed beam for different usage
3) Output brightness: The best output brightness was powered by 18650 battery
4) Internal wiring applies the high efficient booster circuit, working voltage is wide and can utilize the batteries in the largest extent
5) Waterproofing design(But Can’t put it into water directly)
6) 5 switch Modes: high / middle / low / strobe / SOS
7) Made of high quality 6061T aluminum alloy, this flashlight is sturdy and durable enough for long time daily using
8) Lamp base: high power LED. With a lifespan of up to 100,000 hours or more, no need to consider replacing the cap for the whole life
9) Only Power by 1x 18650 battery (Battery not included)
The size and weight of pocket flashlights can vary a lot. Models that use 18650 rechargeable batteries are the heaviest ones by far. Even so their size still remains rather compact which is the most important aspect.
The main differences are made by the design. Some come with focus adjustment, belt clip or have a waterproof construction. Some even have all these features. What does seems to vary a lot is the luminosity they provide. However, this aspect as with all the above is a matter of personal preference.